Thursday, June 12, 2014

Music Wrap-Up

It's hard to believe it's the end of the year! We've still been very productive in music! We had phenomenal concerts last week where students surpassed my expectations! Here are a couple more things we have been up to...

Music Show and Tell!
We had many talented performers at JFK and Parmenter. Here are a couple of highlights!
Two third graders at Parmenter. My first cello and violin duet!

Click here to see see a JFK fourth grade and first grade brother and sister perform a song from India for us! So cool that I had to have them perform for Mr. Cool!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IzSksxNCnQ

Canada!
Here is a French Canadian dance called "Les Saluts". Students really enjoyed listening for the fermatas in the music. I tried to get a few classes that I have not been able to feature yet. Enjoy!
Mrs. Lussier Grade 1

Mrs. Schreiber Grade 3

Mrs. Henneberry Grade 3

Kindergarten:)
So sad to be seeing my kindergarteners go this week! I love their enthusiasm! During their last class this week I read the book Violet's Music by Angela Johnson. Students should have brought home their own covers they created this week. I like to leave them with the reminder that music can be made or listened to anywhere! Not just in a half hour once a week. And you don't need big fancy instruments to do so. Have a great summer kindergarten and see you in the fall!


No comments:

Post a Comment