Monday, June 19, 2017

Last Music Update of 2016-2017!

End of the Year Celebrity Singers!
Parmenter 4th

Parmenter 3rd

JFK 3rd

JFK 4th



June Culture of the Month
MEXICO!
We had fun learning about Mariachi Bands!



MUSIC SHOW AND TELL
Our show and tell in June was so much fun! I wish I could have captured all the talent here but I didn't have enough room on my phone! Enjoy a couple of highlights below! Next show and tell will be next December!
This 4th grade student put together this arrangement himself! Enjoy!
These two 3rd grade students did a duet they learned at String School through Franklin Lifelong Learning!

I always look forward to this 4th grade student playing music from India!

This 3rd grade student played and sang a song I think many grown-ups will recognize!
Can't say I've ever had an electric guitar and banjo duet before! 

BRAVO!
I couldn't be more proud of my 3rd and 4th grade students at JFK and Parmenter. I'll never forget these concerts! I love when students sing with their hearts! Looking forward to more fun next year!
I didn't get many video clips but here's a short one. Enjoy!

Highlights from June
4th graders were playing recorders and learning new things right up until the last day of music! Students were given a packet of duets, had 5-10 minutes to learn a harmony part to one of their recorder karate songs and then performed it for the class. Here are a couple of examples from Mrs. A. Williams' class. Amazing what they accomplished in one year!




In the below clips you will see Mrs. Henault's 2nd grade class working on a poem entitled "Popcorn". As a class, students created a melody to go with the rhythm of the poem. In the first clip I recorded students working together to learn the piece. I just loved to see them teaching each other! Then below you will see both halves of the class performing their piece.

I'm already missing my K students at JFK and Parmenter! Here is a clip of Mrs. Trottier's class performing Jack and Jill on percussion instruments. Students loved trying some new instruments and I loved hearing them chant in triple meter! It was a win win!

Have a great summer and don't forget to look for music this summer! I can't wait to hear all about it in September!

Love, Mrs. Mac

No comments:

Post a Comment