Thursday, April 10, 2014

The Orchestra Rocked!

Today was a VERY proud day for me. I was able to bring my 3rd and 5th graders at JFK to Providence, RI to sing, listen, and play recorders with the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra! This year the theme was The Orchestra Rocks! To show our school spirit we all wore red and black or JFK wear. Every adult on the field trip was so impressed at how respectful our students were.

As if this wasn't cool enough!.. This year, 27 of my 5th grade students were selected to perform recorders ONSTAGE with the Rhode Island Philharmonic Orchestra. We played behind the orchestra and directly behind us were 20 students from the East Cranston High School Chorus. 

While cameras were discouraged I did manage to get a few videos of our experience on stage. Check it out at 
This playlist is unlisted. Therefore, only people I share this with can view these videos.
If you have any other videos or pictures from the field trip, please send them my way. I would love to share them!

Here we are onstage:

Here we are backstage:

Greyson was asked by the tuba player to help him with his tuba mute:)

No comments:

Post a Comment