Friday, January 4, 2013

Talent at JFK

Here's a great way to end your week!

Twice a year I try to do a music "show and tell" where students can show off musical talents that they have been practicing at home. Parmenter's Show and Tell will be in January and both schools will have another show and tell in June. Here are some highlights from 3rd and 4th grade. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to record everyone but I hope to catch more in June!




In Kindergarten students have been working on finding their singing voice and teaching Freddy the Frog how to sing. At the end of class students can come up for open mic and sing whatever song they would like! I showed students how to use a microphone, how to bow, and how to be a good audience. As a special treat before vacation I brought the students on the stage to use the microphone plugged into the speakers. I was amazed at how fearless the kindergarteners were! I wasn't able to record everyone but I hope to catch more in the future!




No comments:

Post a Comment